Just went to a hugely interesting talk at the local WI. I _did_ tell you I was in the WI? No? Well, that’s, like,SO old news. Last month yadda yadda. @wi_ha5
Anyway, We heard from Chrissie, aka @mediocre_mum of http://mediocremum.com/.
Chrissie told us lots of stuff about blogging that I really should have known but had been afraid to google. Stuff like: (and this is me wildly paraphrasing after a whole glass of wine!)
- Use tweetdeck to manage twitter (thank god there’s something out there cos I can’t keep up with all that blurgh)
- It’s not a bodily function, tell people when you’ve just blogged. Syndicate.
- Blog 2-3 times a week at least (oopsie)
- Use images
- Use more images
- Keep things short and to the point
- Use titles that google will like, not cleverdick phrases and puns (oopsie again)
- Do how-tos
- Do recipes
- Do bullet points (see!)
- Get other people to write your blogs for you! Or at least, post stuff up for you
- Review stuff
- Say something about yourself to round out your online persona
- And I’ve forgotten lots, but hey ho, this is enough to be going on with.
And so to bed. X luv ya! (Jeez, I’m really letting the family name down now. My tolerance has gone through the floor.)